Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The trouble with books

The tittle to this post is a little misleading, I love books, but when we talk about purchasing school books and all the confusion in that, its when there is trouble. Here in Spain although education is free you need to purchase books, although there is a new law that gives all first and second graders a check for the total amount of the books.

Anyway, like always I start to talk about nothing related to what I want to say. The thing is that we were given a huge list of books for a first grader, there is a math book, language book, English book, valenciano book (the offficial language of the Valencian community), art book, religion book, relacion del medio (no freaking clue what that is)..lets see am I forgetting something, probably.. but the list was not specific and I had to go to the store and fight with all the other moms to try to get the books before they were all gone. When I finally found them, (still missing 2 of them) I get to school, only to learn that they were that wrong ones and I was not the only one with this problem, it seems the list they gave us was not very explicit...so back to the store to fight some more and hunt down the right ones, exchange the others...

I just can't believe that something that seems so simple can cause so much stress, I'm still waiting for the other two books anxiously calling the bookstore daily to make sure Marco has them as soon as possible. And if that's not all, the books need to be covered with this clear plastic sticky thing and labeled.hahahahaa.. thank God Melisa our live in nanny took care of that part for me..or I would not be able to write this post because I would be stuck...

So, until next time...

picture google

2 comments:

TP said...

AS I SAID "LESS KNOWLEDGE MORE HAPPINESS" SAVE THAT MONEY.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.