Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Marco getting lost

What a scare, last weekend Marco was invited to a birthday party at one of his school friends house and we gladly went. They live in an urbanization of chalets which all look alike, the urbanization is like a mini city. Having said that we were at the boys house when around 20 of the kids decided to go to the football court on the other end of the urbanization to play soccer. Marco went with them and I stayed back at the house with the parents. When it was time for the cake we called the kids and they all came running back except for Marco.. I figured he just stayed behind at the court so I went to get him but to my surprise the court was completely empty and Marco was no where to be found. I started yelling his name but nothing. My heart started pounding as I ran back to the house to find the birthday kid's parents to have them help me. They quickly gathered everybody and we all went in search of Marco. We were all screaming his name but nothing. I could see that the doors to the urbanization were open and only the worst thoughts entered my mind. Marco was gone...

My screams became louder and louder and my heart was pounding louder and louder..until I heard someone yell, he's heree, he's here..after a very long 20 minutes we found him. As soon as I saw him all I could do was hold him and try to hold back the tears in my eyes...It seems the kids had left him behind and he couldn't find his way back to the house. He decided to just sit in a bench and wait. I asked him why he didn't respond to our yelling and he said he thought it was the bad people going after him, then I asked him didn't you hear my voice and he said yes but that he didn't want to yell back because he didn't want to wake up the neighbors!!!

Anyway, he now knows he needs to answer everytime he hears me yell for him, he has momorized our address and our phone number and hopes this never happens again...

No comments: