Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The countdown to the first day of school

Well, it has been a long summer and the first day of school is almost here. For you guys in the U.S. kids have been in school for a couple of weeks now, but here in Spain everything just takes a little longer.

Marco will begin 1st grade, I can't believe it, he is very excited and wants a new spiderman backpack with wheels and wants me to buy his books right away. Isabella starts pre kinder and wants a Barbie backpack her teacher called me yesterday to introduce herself, her name is Nuria as well, so Isabella will have no problem remembering her name.

The preparation for back to school is a little stressful, buying them clothes, books,supplies, figuring out what type of after school activities they will do and so on. I'm pretty caught up and can't wait until Friday the first official day (I know Friday, helloo...they could have waited until Monday, but this is Spain where nothing works the way its supposed to but it works).

I will keep all o you updated with the school year and the kids progressions.