Thursday, June 7, 2007

School IQ test


Since it looks like I'm always writing to brag about my beautiful kids, I think many of you think I only write about all the great things they do and achieve but we all know in life nothing is perfect, specially us or our children.

Today we had a meeting along with all the other parents of Marco's class so they could prepare us a little bit for what it to become of our little ones, once they start 1st grade in September. One of the things they presented us with was a sort on mini writing and vocabulary skill IQ test which was given to them some weeks ago and showed a graph with the median score of the entire class and where our children fell. Once I heard handwriting test I knew we were in for a bad report and boy was I right.. Poor little thing.. the graph was struggling to get to the median and never quite reached it. Looking around all the other proud moms flashed their children's report which showed how off the charts they were.

I'm not sure if handwriting is something hereditary but I should have been a doctor with the handwriting I was blessed with so if I passed that on to my children, I'm sorry, I'm sure someone passed it on to me..

OK, so what do you think about IQ tests? Should I worry?\

photo google

2 comments:

TP said...

WELL, MY HANDWRITING IS FOR SURE THE WORST IN THIS WORLD. I REMEMBER TELLING TO ONE OF MY TEACHER "WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT THAT,IF THERE ARE TYPYWRITER MACHINES."
ABOUT IQ, EINTAIN´S PROFESOR TOLD HIM HE WAS A LITTLE RETARDED SPECIALLY IN MATHEMATICS

La Playa San Juan said...

yes, you are right, I don't think there is anything to worry about