Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Florence Adventures

Florence was our first stop after the couple of days in the middle of nowhere (which don't get me wrong was even more beautiful that some of the sights we saw). My first impression of Florence was not very good. Everything seemed a little dirty and I don't know, I guess because it was the first "real" city we were visiting in Italy and I had heard so many great things about it my expectations were a little high.

There were parts that just didn't appeal to me but it was beautiful. The churches and specially seeing the statue of David made it worth while. Our hotel was not so great because I'm not sure if you know in Europe if you reserve a 3 star hotel it is really a 2, a 4 is a 3 and so on.. We were told that, but we didn't quite believe it until we got there and experienced it for ourselves. (we didn't make the same mistake in Rome or Pisa.)

Overall, our stay in Florence was good, but not sure its a place I would return to...

No comments: